Sunday, April 17, 2011

BUSY WEDDING BEE!

I've been slacking on my blog lately. I've just been so busy trying to get this wedding planning going. I'm stressed because we are paying for the whole thing ourselves, and we are working with a very small budget. But our guests are going to be investing a lot of their own money by going, so we have offered to help them by paying for their rooms. Of course, there are so many other things we have to pay for like:

wedding favors, our flights, our rings, my dress, a cake, my hair and makeup, reception dinner, and I am ordering itineraries and announcements. Oh, and I almost forgot, we have to pay for the wedding package itself! Not to mention, we need to set aside money for food and gambling. Suddenly, this inexpensive destination wedding is not so inexpensive at all!

We also made it hard on ourselves, because we are scheduling it for the week of August 22nd. So that gives us 4 months! What have I gotten myself into?! And we haven't even booked anything yet!! I have e-mailed a laundry list of questions to our wedding coordinator. But that was late last night. So hopefully she gets right back to me tomorrow, and we can book the wedding, our rooms, and our flights by the end of the week!! Ambitious, I know... but once these things are done I will feel SO much better!!

I also am going to schedule an appointment for Friday afternoon to go dress shopping with my friend Brittany! I am extremely excited about that. But I'm really hoping I find something right away. And more importantly, I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I just know myself... I'm not the type to buy something just because it's expensive, but I am the type to pay any amount for something once I've fallen in love with it.

Well, I'm going to end this with some pictures... because pictures make blogs fun! :)


This was Jason and I at a friend's wedding in 2005... just two months after we met!


This was us on our way home from another friend's out of town wedding in 2006.


This was September 7, 2009... Jason proposed to me in front of the Bellagio fountain. The Frank Sinatra song "Luck Be a Lady" was playing... Oh this picture makes me forget about the stress of planning and makes me excited for our Vegas wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment