Friday, April 1, 2011

She will be loved

I used to have a blog at xanga.com.  I created it back in 2004 when I was 18... still a baby!  So, now that I'm 25, have 2 kids, and am at a completely different place in my life, I've decided to make a "grown-up" blog.  I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with people even knowing that I have this.  But I also don't really have any juicy gossip to write about.  So, anyone who finds my blog probably won't stay for long anyway.

I really just started this to write about how much I love Ally and Evan, (my two little ones) I will also probably write about how frazzled I feel on a bad day. (I'll try to keep my complaining to a minimum, I promise!) I also want to write about my love for photography (and share some). 

I am the definition of a beginner photographer.  But since I got my Sony a390 for Christmas, I've been taking photos of everything I see (which pretty much means Ally and Evan).  I find it very therapeutic, and I want to get more involved in the photography world, as soon as possible.

When I chose my URL for this blog, I became flustered.  This is permanent.  This is supposed to represent me.  All the easy-to-think-of, cool names have been taken long ago.  So, I started thinking of song lyrics.  There are a few songs that describe my every day feelings.  And the song "She will be loved" by Maroon 5 popped into my head.  I haven't listened to it in years, but the lyrics "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along." has always stuck with me.  It may sound a bit pessimistic, but it's SO TRUE.  No matter how rosy people like to paint their lives for others... it really is never ever rainbows and butterflies all the time.  And at some point, everyone needs to compromise.

Anyway, that's enough for now.  So, here's hoping that this blog fills up with mostly happy posts about good health, exciting events, and other wonderful things!

Oh. And Photographs! Lots of Photographs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment