Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letters to my kids

Dear Ally,

As I write this, you are one month shy of four years old. Wow, time is flying!!! You are a very sweet, intelligent, and imaginative little girl, and I can't even remember life before you. Your favorite thing to do is arts and crafts! You would sit and paint, color, cut, and glue for hours if we let you. You're a total combination of girly girl and tomboy. You don't like princess stuff like most girls, and you hate playing with dolls. But you like putting on makeup and wearing pretty dresses. I think you feel a bit jealous of your little brother sometimes, but I also think he's your favorite person in the world. Every time I pick you up from preschool, you ask how he's doing, and what he's been up to for the day. You are always looking out for him too. Sometimes, I think you just like to yell at him, but most of the time, you are generally concerned for his well being. Even though you're only a little girl, you know such funny words and expressions. When you go to places you like, you tend to say "This was such a great adventure!" You love to play with daddy, especially when you guys pretend to fight. You also love to spend your time at Juju's and Pops' house, and sometimes it's hard to get you to leave after being there. I love getting to spend girls' days with you. Usually we just go out to lunch, or the mall, but I cherish that one-on-one time with you. Last time that we spent the day together, I told you that I was so glad that I had a little girl like you. You looked at me, and said "I'm so glad I have a mom like you." It made my heart melt! I will try to always remember that phrase, especially during your teenage years!! Not only are you sweet, but you're also very smart. You know your alphabet, can recognize all of your letters, can count to 50, and can write your name. You can write a lot of other letters too. And you know all of your colors. Your favorite movie, at the moment is "The Lion King." You saw it for the first time a few weeks ago, and now you like to watch it over, and over, and over.








Dear Evan,

As I write this, you are 15 months old. You are the coolest little boy I've ever met! I love this age that you're at, because you are the perfect mixture of baby and little boy. You still smell like a baby, and your skin is still extremely soft. But you are getting smarter, learning to talk, and getting into everything. You have a sense of humor, which I think is pretty cool. You LOVE to dance, and you'll dance to anything that has a rhythm. It's pretty cute, actually, because you dance while sitting. You move your arms around, and bounce up and down on your butt... so funny and adorable! You have a good appetite, and are much less of a picky eater than your big sister. Your favorite foods are cooked carrots, macaroni and cheese with broccoli, and spaghetti. You also seem to like mashed potatoes with ground up steak. You are such an easy going little boy (which I am SO grateful for) Unless you are sick or teething, you go to sleep very easily for me. But even though you are pretty easy going, boy do you have a temper when you don't get your way! We do our best not to take anything from you, unless it's for safety reasons, because you will throw you body down on the ground, and scream! I try my best to ignore you, in hopes that you will grow out of those tantrums! You are such a loving boy! You let me kiss you, and cuddle with you all the time. Sometimes, we'll watch TV, and you'll hold my hand the whole time. I will always remember how nice it is to snuggle with my baby Evan! :) You don't walk, yet. You usually get pretty mad at us when we try to make you, but when it's your idea, you do just fine with it. You've taken plenty of steps on your own, you just don't do it on a regular basis. I think you just don't feel like walking, because you are a master at crawling. You manage to get into everything... typical little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment